Sunday, July 27, 2014

Other people's fosters: Olenna?

Last week I've been photographing some kittens that are in other fosterhomes, to help out people that for example don't have a camera themselves. They go online and hopefully help out with getting them adopted quicker. These photos were taken at the shelter, when the kittens had to be there anyway to visit the vet. The result is obviously not as great as you can achieve in a safe environment, although some kittens didn't care much about the strange room and vet and all that! :)

They had 1 catroom empty, so plenty to see and do there for kittens - but also plenty spots to hide. So I decided to keep them higher up, on one of the shelves on the wall, they're there for cats to go up high, but also seem to work for these kinda pics, haha! Too bad of the background so to say, but I can't tell them to sit still in a nice little basket of course :D I still see points to improve on with these photos, for example my focuspoint was off here and there, but ah well. Twas the first time, better luck next time! 


Yeah, note to self: ask and write down names, oops! :$ I was nervous when taking these pictures, a new camera with lots of new settings, a bunch of people I didn't know, their kittens I didn't know, and wanting to do my best: not the best combo, haha! One of the things I now now for a possible next time, is to ask the names and write them down. I'm also thinking of possibly taping like a blanket to the wall or some, to create a nicer background. But anyway, I think this cute and adventurous girl is called Olenna, had a quick look at out fosterhomes' Facebook group :)

Olenna sure did give me a hard time, although her fostermum already told me she was just as active at home and wouldn't sit still! These are also my least favorite photos, and I do think she can get nicer shots herself, with more time and her safe environment :) Olenna did make me think of something though, a jummie treat! So it went easier with the kittens after her, just bribed them with candy, that worked way better than toys, haha!







1 comment: