Sunday, August 26, 2012

More fuzziness

And another update :) Last night the male got tired (I should really come up with some names soon) and at first he was lying like this:



Later on he showed that he's really a male :P He stayed with me like this for quite some time in various positions, aww.

This is also the kitten that's doing better than the others so far (and yes, also as a model!), if I stand at the door and he sees me, he comes straight away and often starts purring when I come inside. He also often climbs Mount Bregje, and when I came in this morning, I got his full attention straight away :)

His sister is also doing well, she isn't impressed by anything except humans that come close. She greeted me this morning with a hiss, but quickly remembered that me petting her was nice as well! Last night she lay on me for a bit as well, that was faster than expected, little miss really has a will of her own already. If I pick her up she usually just walks away, back to where she came from with a look that says "Tss, what were you thinking..." :)

She's the climber of the bunch, she's the only one that goes higher up in their room (on top of the bench is fun!) and yesterday she quickly understood how that scratching pole works.


The little tortoiseshell is becoming a real tricolor, she already has só much character packed in that tiny body! Those colored things on my fingers and toes (nail polish) need to be caught, she already tested if my hand is edible (hey, what's this? *bites*) and she even tried to drag along my pants, lol. She does need to improve her nailskills, she gets stuck on things quite often. If she then can't easily pull herself loose, she just lies down there instead ^_^

*Yawn*

I don't have many photos of the red/white kitten, and the ones that I have are mainly closeups so I can easily compare if she's improving. I'm also pretty scary and she hisses a lot, and she thinks that my camera makes strange sounds, so I'm not bugging her with it too much. Last night she was lying with me for a short while, and she does allow me giving her meds. I just cleaned her up a bit, and she kinda liked that. And as you can see on the pics with the scratching pole, she does her best to go along with the others. She also sleeps and plays with them, although it's all a bit shorter and less enthousiastic, poor thing :(

The 4 of them were lying here before she went off to discover that scratching pole, so you only see a small bit of her here. I don't think the photos show so well, but there's about 300grams weight difference between the 2 tortoiseshell kitties.

My cats know very well what's going on now, Bindi finds it all a bit scary but somewhat interesting as well, although she easily hisses and ignores them further. Sue was in the kittenroom shortly, but luckily the kittens were asleep, the look on her face said it all, haha! :@ Dew is doing very well, at first it was all really scary, a quick look and then run away fast! But he already sniffed some kittens and even walked around in that room last night. I placed a wooden board in the doorframe and their most used scratching pole on the other side, this way the door can stay open and the kittens can't get out (for now), and Dewey can sit on the pole and watch kitten-TV. The blue/creme hisses a bit at him and the red/white smells a bit funky with all the meds on her face, so I'm keeping these 2 away from him. I picked up the male and the little tortoiseshell a few times and they went nose-to-nose with Dew, and he also went to sniff that little one when she was eating. But when the male spots Dew on the scratching pole, he goes stand sideways with his back arched up and a big tail, and my little Dewdew (that now all of a sudden feels like a tiger in size), is actually a bit impressed by that! :O <3

---------------------------

Dewey just went in their room again, but that made quite an impression on the little ones, behind him was a whole trail of arched backs and big fluffy tails :O After he went away again, the 2 tortoiseshell kitties were standing a bit uncomfortable in their sideways-arched-back positions and seemed unsure what to do next, so they just continued like that to each other. Especially the smallest one was clueless and seemed to be stuck in that position :D When Dew came back again brother and sister were standing side to side, both sideways with an arched back, and then it turned out the little miss can growl, big time even! Such a nasty sound coming from that tiny kitten! I'm proud of my sweet Dew for staying so calm :)

I originally posted this on a forum on Friday, July 6. Roughly translated and posted here afterwards.

1 comment: